Munster Secretary apologises to Clare & Waterford

Updated: March 11, 2012

Munster Council Secretary, Pat Fitzgerald offered his apologies to the Waterford and Clare delegations in the course of Friday’s Munster Convention in Lawlor’s Hotel, Dungarvan following remarks included in his annual report.

Click for the betting on this weekend’s GAA matches and claim your 40e free bet

The provincial council secretary had included this point when on the subject of grants provided to certain counties in the past:

“Over the years this Council has allocated grants to Clare and Waterford toward maintenance and upkeep of their respective County Grounds, I am somehow sceptical that this funding was at all times spent on such projects and I believe that in future before allocating such grants we should work with these counties to decide how these monies are spent and identify what issues or work we want prioritised”

Last night Pat Fitzgerald was quick to offer his apologies:

“Sometimes we make mistakes’’, he told delegates present, adding that he was “deeply sorry’’.

He acknowledged that what he had intended to convey had been taken out of context and was sorry it had caused such offence.

“That was not my intention at all’’, the secretary told the officials, “and to all of the officials both past and present I am sorry for the way the whole thing was presented’’.

Clare Chairman Michael O’Neill and his Waterford counterpart, Tom Cunningham were immediately happy to accept the secretary’s explanation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>