Ahead of the second and final Test of the summer tour, the Ireland coaching team has made eight personnel changes and one positional switch to the Irish rugby team that beat the Pumas 29-17 in Resistancia last Saturday.
Rob Kearney starts at fullback with both wings, Andrew Trimble and Simon Zebo, retained from the first Test. Fergus McFadden lines out at 13 with Darren Cave switching to inside centre. Eoin Reddan comes in at scrum-half to taste his first action of the Tour.
David Kilcoyne is named in the front row alongside Rory Best and Mike Ross while Devin Toner is reunited with captain Paul O’Connell in the second row. Jamie Heaslip and Rhys Ruddock are introduced to the back-row with Chris Henry continuing at openside.
There are three uncapped players on the bench, Ulster’s Rob Herring, Munster’s James Cronin and Leinster’s Noel Reid.
The second Test will take place at the Estadio Jose Fierro in Tucuman and will be televised live on SKY Sports.
IRELAND Team & Replacements v Argentina,
Summer Tour, Saturday 14th June, kick-off 15:40 LOCAL (19:40 GMT)
15. Rob Kearney (UCD/Leinster) 54
14. Andrew Trimble (Ballymena/Ulster) 56
13. Fergus McFadden (Old Belvedere/Leinster) 27
12. Darren Cave (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster) 6
11. Simon Zebo (Cork Constitution/Munster) 7
10. Jonathan Sexton (Racing Metro 92) 44
9. Eoin Reddan (Lansdowne/Leinster) 54
1. Dave Kilcoyne (UL Bohemians/Munster) 9
2. Rory Best (Banbridge/Ulster) 76
3. Mike Ross (Clontarf/Leinster) 40
4. Devin Toner (Lansdowne/Leinster) 16
5. Paul O’Connell (Young Munster/Munster) 93 capt
6. Rhys Ruddock (St Mary’s College/Leinster) 2
7. Chris Henry (Malone/Ulster) 15
8. Jamie Heaslip (Dublin University/Leinster) 66
16. Rob Herring (Ballynahinch/Ulster) *
17. James Cronin (Dolphin/Munster) *
18. Jack McGrath (St. Mary’s College/Leinster) 9
19. Iain Henderson (Ballynahinch/Ulster) 11
20. Jordi Murphy (Lansdowne/Leinster) 3
21. Conor Murray (Garryowen/Munster) 28
22. Ian Madigan (Blackrock/Leinster) 9
23. Noel Reid (Clontarf/Leinster) *
Argentina v IRELAND
Saturday 14th June, 2014
Estadio José Fierro, Tucumán
KO 15:40 local time (19:40 Irish time)