Sad boy, bad boy: Ronaldo closer to the exit than an extension at Real Madrid

By
Updated: November 19, 2012

Cristiano Ronaldo is closer to leaving than to extending his contract at Real Madrid according the Spanish Madrid-based paper AS.

Ronaldo is 7/2 to score first against Manchester City on Wednesday night with BoyleSports.com

The sports daily reports that former Manchester United player is tired of his image as the bad boy of Spanish football and doesn’t feel that the club hierarchy have his back.

The tension arose earlier in the season when the Portuguese international was widely mocked for declaring himself ‘sad’ at the reigning La Liga champions, and he is said to be further upset by the fact that only Jose Mourinho has attempted to protect him in the media.

The striker himself has said that the reason for his unhappiness is ‘not for economic reasons’ but rather a feelin g that he is not appreciated enough by the Madrid top brass.

At Barcelona, Lionel Messi is safeguarded from intrusions on his privacy and from rough treatment on the pitch by the club and Ronaldo feels that Madrid should offer him the same protection.

On the pitch, Ronaldo is unhappy with the harsh treatment he receives which was highlighted recently when he had to be withdrawn at half-time against Levante after receiving a blow to the head from David Navarro.

The issue is coming to a head again as Xabi Alonso and Alvaro Arbeloa recently renewed their contacts with the club, while Ronaldo has been locked in talks over extending his stay at Madrid since returning after the European championship.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>