Corinthians Deny Tevez Rumours

By
Updated: April 12, 2013
Tevez

Brazilian side Corinthians have denied newspaper reports, linking them with a move for Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez, later this summer.

Manchester City play Chelsea in the FA Cup, City are 11/8 to win, click here to bet with Boylesports.com

Although the striker has a contract with City until 2014, he has openly admitted to being homesick, and has been linked with a number of South American clubs However, Brian Marwood, City’s football administration officer, recently said that the Manchester side were hoping hat Tevez would stay on past 2014 and extend his contract.

While Tevez played for Corinthians previously, the club have insisted that he is not at present a part of their plans. Director of football, Edu Gaspar, is quoted as saying: “At this moment we have no interest in Tevez, we’ll sign players for the positions we need.

“We don’t seek a player because he is or might become important. If we need a player and we see that is someone who we need, we go after him. We will fight to sign him.

“Our idea is to keep the club always on the top. If we are not the best, we have to fight to be among the best.

“Many people said that Corinthians didn’t need to make signings, but we brought in three great players – Pato, Renato Augusto and Gil.”

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>