We have the starting teams from Anfield as Liverpool FC welcome Aston Villa, Brendan Rodgers will be hoping to continue his run for Champions League.
- The home side has not won any of the last five fixtures between these clubs.
- Aston Villa have lost just one of their last four matches at Anfield.
- This is the 186th meeting between the sides. Liverpool have won 91, Aston Villa 55 and there have been 39 draws.
- Liverpool have scored 51 goals in the Premier League this season, four more than they managed in 2011-12. This equals their top-flight record after 21 matches, which they set in 1987-88 – when they won the league.
- The Reds have scored four or more goals in six Premier League matches this season, a total matched only by Manchester City.
- Luis Suarez’s tally of 22 league goals (in 16 games) is unsurpassed by nine Premier League clubs this season.
- His goals account for 43% of Liverpool’s league total this season.
- No team has conceded fewer home goals (six) than Liverpool this season in the Premier League (level with Man City and Arsenal).
- Steven Gerrard has scored 11 Premier League goals against Aston Villa, more than against any other side. He scored in both league matches last season.
- Villa have won almost double the number of points away from home (15) than at Villa Park (eight).
- Christian Benteke scored three goals against Liverpool in the Premier League last season, more than any other player managed against the Reds.
- Benteke’s goal against Arsenal on Monday was his first for 14 hours and 45 minutes. Nonetheless, his record of five league goals in his first 16 appearances this season is identical to the 2012-13 campaign, in which he went on to score another 14 goals in 18 matches.
Liverpool FC Mignolet, Johnson, Cissokho, Skrtel, Toure, Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling, Coutinho, Sturridge, Suarez subs v Aston Villa: Jones, Kelly, Lucas, Moses, Allen, Aspas, Alberto
Aston Villa Guzan, Bacuna, Vlaar, Clark, Bertrand, El Ahmadi, Westwood, Delph, Agbonlahor, Weimann, Benteke subs: Steer, Sylla, Helenius, Albrighton, Luna, Gardner, Holt.