It may decide the winner of this years premiership, we have the starting teams from Anfield as Liverpool FC take on Chelsea FC in this top of the table clash.
- Liverpool have won 13 of the 21 Premier League meetings at Anfield, (D4, L4).
- Chelsea have only won nine of the 70 all-time league encounters at Liverpool (D15, L46).
- Liverpool are unbeaten in 16 matches (W14, D2) since their 2-1 defeat against Chelsea on 29 December.
- The Reds have won 11 consecutive Premier League matches; their top-flight record is 12 set in October 1990.
- In the reverse fixtures against their final three opponents (Chelsea, Crystal Palace and Newcastle) this season, the Reds earned four points.
- The Reds have scored 15 goals in the first 15 minutes of matches this season – nine of them in the first five minutes alone.
- Liverpool have now scored three or more goals in 20 Premier League games this season, matching Manchester City’s record set two seasons ago.
- Luis Suarez is only the second player to reach 30 Premier League goals without a single penalty (Andy Cole scored 34 in 1993-94).
- Chelsea have lost two of their last three away games (W1), and all three matches have ended 1-0.
- The Blues have earned just nine points from the last 18 available.
- Chelsea have the best Premier League defence (26 goals conceded) and the third-best attack (67 goals scored) behind Liverpool (96) and Manchester City (91).
- They have only trailed at half-time in three games this season, a Premier-League low.
- Chelsea have lost just one of seven Premier League games played in between Champions League semi-finals (W4, D2).
- In two of Chelsea’s six league defeats this season the winner has been scored by a Liverpool loanee (Fabio Borini in Sunderland’s 2-1 win last weekend and Oussama Assaidi in Stoke’s 3-2 win on 7 December).
- Fernando Torres has failed to score in 337 Premier League minutes against former club Liverpool.
Liverpool FC - Mignolet, Johnson, Flanagan, Skrtel, Sakho, Gerrard, Allen, Lucas, Coutinho, Sterling, Suarez
Chelsea team v Liverpool: Schwarzer; Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Kalas, Cole; Lampard (c), Mikel, Matic; Salah, Ba, Schurrle.