Its another huge match for David Moyes as his Manchester United team travel to Anfield to play Liverpool FC, we have the starting teams along with a match preview
Liverpool FC: Mignolet, Johnson, Enrique, Agger, Skrtel, Lucas, Henderson, Gerrard, Coutinho, Aspas, Sturridge.
Manchesster United: De Gea; Jones, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra; Valencia, Cleverley, Carrick, Welbeck; Kagawa, Van Persie.
Brendan Rodgers the Liverpool manager will have to do without Kolo Toure and Joe Allen sustained injuries during the victory over Notts County in mid week. Aly Cissokho is out for at least four weeks with an ankle injury. But Martin Skrtel has recovered from a knee problem and starts.
Manchester United defender Phil Jones plays despite hurting his back against Chelsea, but the much talked about Wayne Rooney misses out after getting stitches in a head injury he suffered in training on Saturday.
|Match Betting from Boylesports.com- Get 50e Free Bet|
- Manchester United are chasing a fourth consecutive win against Liverpool. The previous three wins have all been by a 2-1 scoreline.
- The Red Devils’ victory away to Liverpool last season was their first win in six league and cup games at Anfield.
- David Moyes failed to win at Anfield in 12 league and cup games as Everton manager (D7, L5).
- The Reds are hoping to win their first three Premier League games for the first time since 1994.
- The last time they began a top-flight season with three successive clean sheets was in 2005-06, when they recorded shut-outs in their opening four games.
- Daniel Sturridge has scored eight goals in his last seven league appearances.
- Monday’s goalless draw against Chelsea ended the Red Devils’ run of 82 league matches without a goalless draw.
- The last time they drew back-to-back top-flight matches 0-0 was in March 1992, against Wimbledon and then QPR.
- The champions have scored nine times in their last two away league games. The last time they failed to score in a top-flight away match was in the 1-0 loss at Norwich in November 2012.