Its the last day of the season and we have the starting teams from Anfield as Brendan Rodgers Liverpool FC welcome Newcastle hoping that Manchester City will slip up.
- Liverpool haven’t lost at home to Newcastle for 20 years. They are unbeaten in 18 league matches since a 2-0 defeat in 1994.
- They have scored three goals in four out of the last five times they have played Newcastle at Anfield.
- In 39 Premier League meetings between these sides, there has never been a goalless draw.
- Liverpool have only picked up a point from their last two matches after collecting a maximum 33 from their previous 11 games.
- Tottenham are the only side in the top eight who have conceded more goals (51) than Liverpool (49) in the league.
- Liverpool need one more goal to break the 100-goal barrier in the league this season. Chelsea hold the Premier League record, scoring 103 in 2010.
- Luis Suarez needs one more goal to surpass the Premier League scoring record of 31 goals in a 38-game season, currently held by Cristiano Ronaldo and Alan Shearer. The last time a Liverpool player scored 32 league goals was Ian Rush in 1983-84.
- Between them, Luis Suarez and Daniel Sturridge have now scored 51 league goals this season. Only one partnership has scored more Premier League goals in a season – Newcastle’s Andy Cole and Peter Beardsley (55) in 1993-94.
- Newcastle have won just one of their previous seven league matches away from home.
- They have only recorded one victory in their nine matches against the current top five this season. That was a 2-0 win over Chelsea at St James’ Park.
- The last time the Magpies won their final match of a Premier League campaign was in 2005-06, when they beat Chelsea 1-0 at home.
- They have lost all 13 of their league matches this season when they have been losing at half-time – the worst record in the division.
- Loic Remy has scored in four of his last seven Premier League games.
|Luuk De Jong|