We have the starting teams from Anfield as Liverpool FC welcome Sunderland, Brendan Rodgers will be hoping for victory.
- Liverpool have never lost to Sunderland at Anfield in the Premier League. Their last league defeat at home to the Wearsiders came in October 1983.
- Sunderland have only won one of the last eight meetings between the two sides (W1, D3, L4). That was a 1-0 victory at the Stadium of Light in March 2012.
- Liverpool have won six successive matches and they are yet to lose in the Premier League this calendar year.
- They are the top scorers in the league in 2013-14 with 82 goals, which is already the most they have scored in a 38-game season with eight games still to go.
- Luis Suarez and Daniel Sturridge have scored the third highest number of goals (47) from a strike partnership in a Premier League season, two goals behind Alan Shearer and Chris Sutton in second.
- Suarez has equalled Robbie Fowler’s record (1995-96) for a Liverpool player of 28 goals scored in a single Premier League campaign. He now tops both the league’s goal and assist charts (11).
- Sturridge has scored in 17 of his 22 league appearances this season.
- Sunderland have only scored 26 goals this season, two fewer than Suarez has scored on his own.
- After a run of four games without defeat, Sunderland have now not won in their last four.
- Gus Poyet’s side have not scored since taking the lead against Manchester City in the League Cup final at the start of this month.
- They have been given a league-high seven red cards this season.
|Josmer Volmy Altidore|
Liverpool FC Mignolet, Flanagan, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Gerrard, Allen, Henderson, Coutinho, Suarez, Sturridge
Sunderland FC Mannone, Bardsley, Dossena, Brown, O’Shea (c), Vergini, Cattermole, Bridcutt, Giaccherini, Altidore, Wickham.