We have the starting teams from the Etihad Stadium as Manchester City welcome Cardiff City.
- Cardiff were 3-2 winners in the first top-flight meeting between the two clubs for 51 years last August.
- Manchester City have never played Cardiff at the Etihad Stadium, but were unbeaten at Maine Road in seven league and cup matches between 1963 and 1985.
- City are vying to register seven consecutive league wins for the first time since August 2012, when success against Southampton on the opening day extended a run of six straight victories at the end of the previous campaign.
- It is two months since City lost a league game, away to Sunderland.
- City have scored 99 goals in all competitions this season.
- Manuel Pellegrini’s side have scored almost four times as many goals (59) as Cardiff (15) in the Premier League.
- They have scored a league-high five last-minute goals this season.
- Cardiff have only taken one point from their last five games (D1, L4)
- Defeat for the Bluebirds would extend their winless run to six games – the first time they have endured such a sequence since March 2008.
- Only Crystal Palace have failed to score on as many occasions as Cardiff City (11) this season.
- Manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer never won against City in four attempts as a player with Manchester United, although he did score once (D2, L2)
Manchester City – Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany (c), Demichelis, Kolarov, Navas, Yaya Toure, Javi Garcia, Silva, Negredo, Dzeko
Cardiff City - McNaughton, Caulker (C), Turner, Theophile-Catherine; Whittingham, Medel, Gunnarsson, Mutch, Noone; Campbell.