WE have the starting teams from Eithad stadium as Manchester City welcome Norwich.
Costel Pantilimon makes his Premier League debut in place of Joe Hart, Stevan Jovetic and Javi Garcia suffered injuries in midweek, while Vincent Kompany (thigh) remains sidelined. Norwich pair Alexander Tettey and Ricky van Wolfswinkel miss out with respective knee and foot injuries.
Manchester City: Pantilimon, Zabaleta, Demichelis, Nastasic, Clichy, Nasri, Fernandinho, Toure, Silva, Aguero, Negredo
Norwich: Ruddy; Martin, Turner, Bassong (c), Whittaker; Pilkington, Fer, Johnson, Olsson; Howson; Hooper
- Their four Premier League meetings in the past two seasons have produced a total of 25 goals, an average of 6.25 per game.
- Norwich ended a seven-match winless streak against City in all competitions with a 3-2 away victory on the final day of last season.
- City have won all four home games in the Premier League this season, and nine of their last 10 dating back to February. The only exception was the 3-2 defeat by Norwich in May.
- The 2012 title winners have scored in each of their last 54 Premier League matches at the Etihad Stadium.
- They are vying to avoid back-to-back league defeats for the first time since October 2010. It’s the first time in five years they have lost at least three of their first nine matches.
- Manuel Pellegrini’s side have made five errors leading directly to a goal this season, more than any other team.
- Sergio Aguero has scored in four successive league matches for the first time in his City career, amassing six goals in that spell. He has four goals in three Premier League starts against Norwich.
- Norwich have only scored four times in their last eight league games and have six goals in total – the joint-worst record in the top flight.
- They are the only team yet to score a goal in the first half hour of a Premier League game this season.
- Last weekend, Norwich had 31 shots in the goalless draw against Cardiff – the most by any side in a Premier League game this season.
- Forwards Johan Elmander, Gary Hooper and Ricky van Wolfswinkel have managed a total of only six shots on target so far.
- The Canaries have lost 10 of their last 14 away games in the league, amassing just eight points out of a possible 42.
|Ricky Van Wolfswinkel|