The EIthad Stadium has failed a late inspection for the Manchester City v Sunderland clash.
- Manchester City were beaten 1-0 at the Stadium of Light earlier in the season, with Phil Bardsley scoring the winning goal.
- Sunderland have a poor record at Manchester City, failing to win away from home since 1998 – nine games without victory (L8 D1) Kevin Phillips scored the winner in a 1-0 win at Maine Road.
- Coincidentally, the 1997-98 season was the last time Sunderland did the double over City, Peter Reid’s side making their league bow at the newly-built Stadium of Light with a 3-1 win.
- Manchester City have failed to score in successive league games for the first time this season. Their last run of three Premier League games without scoring was back in February-March 2008.
- It’s a year since City last went three league matches without a win.
- Defeat by Chelsea in their last match at the Etihad Stadium ended a run of 11 consecutive home wins for Manchester City and 61 league games without failing to score at the Etihad.
- City are the division’s top home goalscorers, with 42 goals in 12 games.
- Only Liverpool have scored the opening goal in games more frequently – 19 – to City and Arsenal’s 18.
- Sunderland are unbeaten in their last six away matches in the league (W3, D3) – having earned only one point in their previous eight away games. They have never gone seven Premier League away matches unbeaten.
- The Black Cats have never won in the city of Manchester in the Premier League (D3, L18).
- Vito Mannone could become the first goalkeeper to keep two clean sheets against Manchester City this season.
- Former Manchester City winger Adam Johnson has been involved in a league-high eight goals so far in this calendar year (six goals, two assists).
|Josmer Volmy Altidore|
Manchester City –