Manchester United hope to sign two players – Mesut Özil signs for Arsenal

By
Updated: September 2, 2013
Fellaini pic via Nick/Flickr

Ben Smith of the BBC has indicated according to his sources that Manchester United are looking to sign Marouane Fellaini and Ander Herrera today as Mesut Özil signs for Arsenal.

Özil will leaving Real Madrid for Arsenal and not Manchester United . He is undergoing his medical in Germany ahead of a the 45 million move to Arsenal.

The chances of Ander Herrera moving to Manchester United increased after he did not start against Real Madird on Sunday, postmatch his manager said “Ander has not refused to play at the Bernabéu, nor has he told us that he wants to go to United,” Valverde said. “There has been quite a stir surrounding Ander. He is fine to play. I left him out because I chose the players I thought were best suited to the game,” the manager said. “I’m not thinking about speaking to him to convince him about anything and I’m not worried about anything else.

“I haven’t spoken with the player but what I’m going to repeat is that I don’t expect the club to make any moves in the transfer market tomorrow [Monday]. I do not know what will happen. I want Ander to stay with us, and that is what I think, expect will happen.”

Even though Marouane Fellaini did start for Everton away to Cardiff City, he looks certain to move to Manchester United this afternoon, bookmakers are making him a 1/10 shot to move and 10/1 to stay at Everton.

Manchester United have had joint-bids for Fellaini and Leighton Baines rejected but they are prepared to concentrate on 25-year-old Fellaini as they feel Everton are likely to let the Belgian go. Its thought that he will cost around 24million.

Show You Support Man Utd.

Comments

7 Comments

1. ALAIN

09/02/2013 at 11:13 am

Marouane Fellaini and Ander Herrera will be the best for Manchester United

• Danny young

09/02/2013 at 11:41 am

Man united are goin 2 b much stronger with d addition of herrera & fellaini…

2. Abdul Korim

09/02/2013 at 11:18 am

Not goof buy

3. danski

09/02/2013 at 12:00 pm

I really hope both of these transfers go through..

We may then see United begin to play a way that gets the best out of Kagawa!

4. Roger

09/02/2013 at 12:49 pm

Ozil is a fantastic player
    He can pass dribble and has the confidence to keep pressing forward and the energy to track back
    Tom cleverley should be out on loan
    United obviously see a future for him but too much pressure on him as he is not providing the offensive vision to open up the play
    Van persie looking a lone figure last 2 games because our formation and midfield is secondary to liverpool and chelsea
    This has been apparent fot last 2 years as our efforts in Europe have proved
    Either play Anderson as much as Cleverley or get rid as he is no good as a used substitute he doesnt look to have the stamina for full games
    Moyes livig in Fergie world if he thinks we have enough for this season we did ladt year but not this
    Evra great offensively but sadly out of position constantly deffensively most games he needs to stay back more when playing top sides
    I think top four would be a good result this year so a disaster

5. Galaxy

09/02/2013 at 2:59 pm

Mr. Moyes, abeg no de tease us. If u lyk, no buy. If u fail, na u dem go sack. Mtcheew!!!

6. RoyB

09/02/2013 at 3:49 pm

What a bloody shambles Moyes & Woodward have proved to be in handling big money transfers at a BIG club. They haven’t got a clue. Total amateurs and small thinkers! Fergie is to blame for recommending him in the first place. What was he thinking too? We should have got Mourino – experience at top level! However, the Glazers wouldn’t have liked a BIG SPENDING Coach would they? They are treating the fans with contempt – hyping up all this talk of big money signings just to sell season tickets – and buy nobody!!! I’m fed up with it and am losing faith in United big-time!