We have the starting teams from Manchester United v Everton FC, David Moyes will be hoping to have a winning start against his old side.
Manchester United: De Gea; Rafael, Vidic, Smalling, Evra; Valencia, Fellaini, Giggs, Kagawa, Welbeck; Rooney
Everton FC: Howard/ Coleman Distin Jagielka Oviedo/McCarthy Barry/Mirrallas Barkley Pienaar/Lukaku
- Everton’s last victory at Old Trafford came in the first Premier League encounter between the two sides in August 1992. The Toffees ran out 3-0 winners courtesy of goals from Peter Beardsley, Mo Johnston and Robert Warzycha.
- Manchester United have won 16 of their 21 Premier League home games against Everton, with four matches drawn.
- The Red Devils have scored more goals against Everton (84) than they have against any other Premier League side.
- United’s tally of 22 points after 13 matches is their lowest since 2004-05 (21 points). They went on to finish that season third.
- Wayne Rooney is one shy of 150 Premier League goals for Manchester United. Only Thierry Henry has scored more for a single club (175 for Arsenal).
- Rooney has been directly involved in 59% of United’s league goals this season, scoring eight and assisting five.
- Robin van Persie has scored six goals and assisted five more in 10 Premier League starts against Everton.
- On Wednesday, Ryan Giggs could become the fourth outfield player to feature in a Premier League match aged 40, following in the footsteps of Teddy Sheringham, Gordon Strachan and Kevin Phillips.
- The Toffees have won two of their last 14 away league games (W2, D7, L5).
- Everton have allowed fewer shots on target against them away from home than any other team in the top flight this season (16).
- Romelu Lukaku is one of three players to have scored a Premier League hat-trick against Manchester United (along with Dirk Kuyt and David Bentley).
|Robin Van Persie|