We have the starting teams from tonight’s much anticipated Carling Cup match between Manchester United and Liverpool FC from Old Trafford, kick off 7:45pm
Luis Suarez starts for the first time this season after his suspension.
Manchester United: De Gea, Rafael, Evans, Smalling, Buttner, Nani, Jones, Giggs, Kagawa, Rooney, Hernandez SUBS Amos, Fabio, Anderson, Carrick, Zaha, Januzaj, Welbeck
Liverpool FC : Mignolet, Toure, Sakho, Skrtel, Enrique, Henderson, Lucas, Gerrard, Moses, Suarez, Sturridge SUBS Jones, Alberto, Aspas, Sterling, Ibe, Kelly, Wisdom
Brendan Rodgers unleashes Luis Suarez on a very suspecting Manchester United tonight.
Ever since it was announced that Suarez would be making his long-awaited comeback from his latest ban at Old Trafford, a tie that was already high profile has gone up another level.
While every biting pun available has been used to describe the 26 year olds return to action of more pressing concern for Liverpool, and indeed Rodgers will be the need for some injection of creativity.
BOYLESPORTS.COM ENHANCED PRICE
Suarez to score anytime v ManUtd @ 5/2 (was 13/8) Only with Txt-A-Bet. Text “ENHANCED SUAREZ” & your stake to 51900
Without the influential Philippe Coutinho the Reds looked devoid of ideas in the final third of the field and Rodgers will be hoping that the inclusion of the Uruguayan can inspire a second win over United in less than a month.
Given that Suarez has been keeping fit with behind-the-doors games for Liverpool not to mention international games with his country, the signs are that he will start tonight especially with Iago Aspas struggling for form and Daniel Sturridge still not fully fit.
- Manchester United and Liverpool have met four times before in the League Cup, with Liverpool winning the 1983 and 2003 finals, as well as a fourth-round home tie in 1985. United won a third-round game at Old Trafford in 1991.
- At Old Trafford, the Red Devils have won each of their last five matches with Liverpool in all competitions.
- United have not lost to Liverpool at Old Trafford since a 4-1 Premier League defeat in March 2009.
- The Red Devils have won three, drawn one, and lost two of their six matches this season.
- United have lost just one of their last 10 League Cup games at Old Trafford, winning the other nine.
- Wayne Rooney has netted three times in his last three home games against Liverpool in all competitions.
- Liverpool are unbeaten in their last six away matches in all competitions, winning four and drawing two.
- The Reds have won each of their last six League Cup games away from Anfield, conceding just four goals in the process.
- Daniel Sturridge has scored for the Reds in the last two games between the two sides.