We have the starting teams from Sunday afternoon’s premier league match between Manchester United v Liverpool FC.
- Manchester United have won their last six home games against Liverpool in league and cup – all by a single-goal margin (3-2, 2-1 or 1-0).
- Only two of the last 27 league clashes between the sides have ended in a draw. The last time the sides shared the points at Old Trafford was in March 2000.
- Liverpool’s 4-1 win at Old Trafford in March 2009 is their only win there in almost 10 years.
- This fixture has produced 14 Premier League red cards – Everton against Liverpool (20) is the only game with a higher total.
- The Red Devils have kept clean sheets in their previous three league games and in four of their last six.
- They have netted 18 times in their 14 home league games this season. Tottenham (16 goals) are the only side in the top half of the table with a lower tally.
- Against West Brom, Wayne Rooney became the first player to reach double figures for both goals and assists in five different Premier League seasons. He has now scored or assisted 252 goals in the top flight.
- Robin van Persie is set to make his 250th Premier League appearance. He has scored six times in his last seven league starts against Liverpool.
- The Reds are unbeaten in nine league games, winning seven of those matches.
- They are chasing a fifth successive league win. The last time they won five in a row was in September, when the fifth match in that sequence (which included the final two games of the 2012-13 season) was a 1-0 victory against Manchester United.
- The last time Liverpool recorded five successive victories during a single season was at the end of the 2008-09 campaign.
- Liverpool’s tally of 73 goals is the most by a team after 28 games of a Premier League season. It is more than the Reds have managed in any other complete Premier League season, bar their 2008-09 campaign, when they netted 77 times.
|Match Betting from Boylesports.com|
|Robin Van Persie|
LIVERPOOL – Mignolet, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Flanagan, Gerrard, Allen, Henderson, Sterling, Suarez, Sturridge SUBS : Jones, Sakho, Cissokho, Lucas, Coutinho, Moses, Aspas
Man Utd - De Gea; Rafael, Jones, Vidic, Evra; Mata, Fellaini, Carrick, Januzaj; Rooney, van Persie