We have the starting teams from Manchester United v Southampton, David Moyes will be hoping for a victory.
Manchester United : De Gea; Rafael, Jones, Evans, Evra; Nani, Carrick, Fellaini, Januzaj; Rooney, van Persie.
Southampton : Boruc, Clyne, Fonte, Lovren, Shaw, Wanyama, Schneiderlin, S. Davis, Lallana (c), Rodriguez, Osvaldo.
- Manchester United have won eight successive matches against Southampton in all competitions since a 1-0 away defeat in August 2003 when James Beattie scored the only goal.
- Saints have failed to win on their last 18 league trips to Old Trafford (D2, L16), with their most recent draw a 3-3 thriller in September 1999.
- Their last league win away to United was by 2-0 in January 1988.
- They also won an FA Cup fourth-round replay on United turf in 1992, courtesy of a penalty shootout.
- The Red Devils have not lost back-to-back Premier League home games since defeats to Middlesbrough and Arsenal in 2002.
- Since the start of last season, no defender has assisted more goals than Patrice Evra (six).
- They have scored just three Premier League goals at home this term – only Stoke (two) have a lower tally.
- United have used 24 different players in their starting line-ups for Premier League games – more than any other team this season.
- Excluding penalties, Robin van Persie has failed to score in 14 of his last 18 Premier League games, including the last five.
- Saints have the best defensive record in the division, keeping five clean sheets and conceding just twice.
- Six of their seven league goals this term have been scored in the second half.
- They have lost only three of their last 19 games in league and cup.
|Robin Van Persie|