We have the starting teams from Norwich v Everton, in their opening match of the Premier League Season.
Norwich’s home form was outstanding last season. They beat a lot of good teams at home last season and they will not fear Everton. Everton face a huge challenge in their new era with Roberto Martinez. This is a tough game to call and wouldn’t be surprised if this ended in a draw.
Norwich XI (4-4-1-1): Ruddy; Whittaker, Turner, Martin, Garrido; E Bennett, Howson, Johnson, Redmond; Hoolahan; Van Wolfswinkel.
Norwich Subs: Bunn, R Bennett, Olsson, Butterfield, Fox, Tettey, Becchio.
Everton XI (4-5-1): Howard; Coleman, Jagielka, Distin, Baines; Mirallas, Barkley, Osman, Fellaini, Pienaar; Jelavic.
- Norwich have lost only one of their six Premier League home games against Everton.
- Norwich’s record win in the Premier League was a 5-1 victory over Everton at Goodison Park in September 1993.
- The Canaries are undefeated in four matches against Everton since their return to the Premier League (one win, three draws).
- In total, Everton have won just three of their 12 Premier League matches with Norwich.
- Norwich have not won their opening league game in any of the last 10 seasons (D5, L5) and have not won their opening game in the top flight since the first ever Premier League season in 1992-93, when they triumphed 4-2 at Arsenal.
- Chris Hughton’s side scored a higher proportion of their goals via headers (32 percent) than any other club in the top flight last season.
- Robert Snodgrass scored three goals from direct free-kicks in the Premier League last season. The last player to score more in a single league season was Cristiano Ronaldo with four in 2008-09.
- Everton have lost seven of their last 10 opening Premier League games of the season.
- The Toffees have gone eight Premier League away games without a win.
- Leighton Baines created 116 goal scoring chances last season, which was 12 more than any one else in the top flight. He was the only outfield player to complete every minute (3,420) of every match. He is also the only player to have taken 10 (or more) penalties in the Premier League and maintained a 100% success rate.