The Spanish giants, Real Madrid and Barcelona meet tonight in the Copa del Rey Final at the Mestalla in Valencia, but Cristiano Ronaldo will miss the midweek showpiece.
Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti confirmed that Ronaldo, 29, would not play in Valencia because of a hamstring injury.
“Cristiano is not available because we don’t want to take risks and we have other very important games to come this season,” said Ancelotti.
Copa del Rey Stats
- 0 – The number of goals Real have conceded in eight matches on the way to the final.
- 21 – The number of goals Messi has scored in ‘Clasicos’. The four-times World Player of the Year is the record scorer in the fixture ahead of Real’s Alfredo Di Stefano on 18.
- 22 – The number of times Real and Barca have played each other in the Spanish Cup. Barca have 10 wins to Real’s six.
- 90 – Real have beaten Barca 90 times in official matches, with 89 wins for Barca and 48 draws.
- 227 – The number of official ‘Clasicos’ played since the first encounter in the last four of the Spanish Cup in 1902, which Barca won 3-1.
Both teams are proving popular in the betting with Barcelona priced at 6/4 to win the match and Real Madrid on offer at 7/4 and a draw priced at 13/5.
Real Madrid have a chance to lift three major trophies this season and Boylesports is offering 12/1 that Carlo Ancelotti’s squad can win the Champions League, Copa del Rey and La Liga this season. 2/1 is on offer that will add no trophies to the cabinet this season with 3/1 on offer for Real Madrid to win La Liga & Copa del Rey.
Barcelona are 4/7 to win a major trophy this season whilst 9/1 is the price that they win both La Liga and the Copa del Rey this season with 5/4 the price available that they draw a blank.
Boylesports have created a range of player match bets for Wednesday’s final with Barcelona’s Messi is 13/8 to score more goals than his teammate Neymar (11/4) whilst a tie can be backed at 11/10.
Liam Glynn, PR Executive at Boylesports said “Both Barcelona and Real Madrid have attracted plenty of support ahead of Wednesdaynight’s Copa del Rey final and no doubt the clash will see plenty of goals.”
He added “Barcelona can be backed at 4/7 to win a major trophy this season but certainly punters are liking the current odds of 4/9 for both teams to score in Wednesday’s match. It is attracting plenty of support through all channels and we may well not be able to hold onto the price for much longer as the demand continues to come in.”
|Neymar Da Silva|
|Angel Di Maria|