We have the starting teams from the Britannia Stadium as Stoke City face Manchester United.
- Stoke City last faced Manchester United in the League Cup 20 years ago, beating them 2-1 on home soil in the first leg but losing 2-0 at Old Trafford to go out 3-2 on aggregate.
- The Potters have never lost a home cup tie against United, and beat the Red Devils on their run to the 1972 League Cup final.
- United have won the last four meetings between the two sides – all of which have come in the Premier League. The last was a 3-2 defeat at Old Trafford in late October.
- Stoke City have reached the quarter-finals five times in their history, last progressing beyond this stage with victory against Bristol Rovers en route to winning the competition in 1971-72.
- Stoke boss Mark Hughes was a three-time League Cup winner as a player, lifting the cup with Manchester United in 1992, Chelsea in 1997 and Blackburn in 2001.
- Hughes’ side have faced non-Premier League clubs in their last three ties – beating Walsall, Tranmere and Birmingham to progress to the last eight.
- Stoke have lost one of their last seven games, a 4-0 defeat by Everton, and have only been beaten once at the Britannia this season – by Norwich in September.
- All four of Kenwyne Jones’ goals this season have come in the League Cup, while he has scored eight goals in his last seven appearances in the competition.
- Manchester United have lost their last two quarter-final ties, against Crystal Palace and West Ham United respectively.
- The Red Devils have won four League Cups – and featured in eight finals. Only Arsenal have lost more League Cup finals than United.
- United were the last side to retain the League Cup, winning it in 2009 and 2010.
- Current boss David Moyes has only been past the fifth round on one occasion during his managerial career – reaching the semi-finals with Everton in 2007-08.
Stoke City: Sorensen; Cameron, Shawcross (c), Wilson, Pieters; Walters, Palacios, Ireland, Whelan, Assaidi; Crouch
Manchester United: De Gea, Rafael, Smalling, Evans, Evra, Valencia, Cleverley, Jones, Anderson, Young, Welbeck