We have the starting teams from The Hawthorns as West Brom welcome an under Pressure Manchester United team.
West Brom Foster; Reid, McAuley, Olsson, Ridgewell; Yacob, Mulumbu; Amalfitano, Gera, Brunt (c), Anichebe
Man United - Man United XI v West Brom: De Gea; Rafael, Jones, Smalling, Evra; Carrick, Fellaini; Mata, Rooney, Januzaj; van Persie
- This fixture last season ended in a 5-5 draw, an eventful climax to Sir Alex Ferguson’s reign as United manager. His side had been 3-0 and 5-2 up.
- West Brom’s win at Old Trafford earlier this season was their first over United in the Premier League (W1, D3, L11).
- The last time United lost in the league at The Hawthorns was a 2-0 defeat in March 1984.
- West Brom have scored own goals in three of the last five league meetings with Manchester United.
- West Brom have won just one of their last 18 matches in all competitions (a 1-0 win over Newcastle on New Year’s Day). They have drawn four and lost two since Pepe Mel took charge.
- The Baggies have won fewer matches (four) than any other top-flight club. They have had 13 draws in the league this season, which is four more than any other team.
- Albion have kept just five clean sheets in this season’s Premier League – only bottom-of-the-table Fulham have kept fewer.
- This will be United’s third away league game in a row – they’ve scored three more points away from home than they have at Old Trafford this season (and scored seven more goals), although they have played one match more.
- They have kept back-to-back clean sheets in the league for the first time this season.
- The Red Devils’ tally of 45 points after 27 games of this Premier League season is five points worse than their previous lowest in 1992-93 (50).
- Robin van Persie has scored in four of United’s last five league games.