Sean Og O’hAilpin hints at possible return

By
Updated: May 12, 2011

Former Cork dual star,Sean Og O hAilpin has said he would be open to a return to the county hurling panel, if current manager Denis Walsh was not in the hotseat.

O’ hAilpin was dropped from the Rebels panel last October, after an inter-county career that dated back to 1996. In the interim, he has continued to line out for his club Na Piarsaigh in the Cork league and championship.

In an interview with Cork’s Life FM, the player said:

“If I was asked would I get involved this year, no. It’s as simple as that. Not under the current management. If a new manager was to come in next year and if he was still interested, then yes, I’d be very open to it, but not under the current management.

“If a manager tells you you’re not part of his plans, that’s it. There’s no point being in a place if you’re not wanted. “I’m still hurt by the manner in which it was dealt with. I thought it could have been dealt with a lot better but it’s water under the bridge, it’s happened.”

Ó hAilpín feels that he can still contribute to Cork: “I had serious ambitions of being involved for another year or two. I’d know myself if my days were up. Obviously I didn’t have the most sterling year last year but I thought I did okay and thought I made a contribution. If I wasn’t being given a first-team place, I’d love to have been given the chance to win a first-team place back.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>