Garvan turns down Brighton move

By
Updated: July 14, 2011

Owen Garvan has decided to stay at Crystal Palace and fight for a first team place after turning down a move to newly promoted Brighton.

Gus Poyet thought he has signed the 23 year old after agreeing a fee with Palace, believed to be in excess of 250,000 pounds, however the deal collapsed after the player had a change of heart.

Poyet is a fan of the Irish under-21 international and told local newspaper the Argus, “When you agree terms with players and clubs and then they don’t come there are probably other reasons. I think you should ask Owen Garvan.”

“If he says what we know, fine. If he changes the story then maybe we will come out and say what he told us.”

“I really like Owen as a player. I liked him when he was at Ipswich and I tried to get him last year. We couldn’t because we were in League One.

“He was very happy when we talked about bringing him in. Everything was looking fine until yesterday

Palace boss Dougie Freedman confirmed the move had broken down saying Owen has decided to stay and wants to fight for his place in the team.”

Sportsnewsireland.com will have live score updates on all GAA Championship matches over the summer.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>