Leopardstown Racecourse and Moonee Valley Racing Club in Melbourne, Australia have teamed up to celebrate The Red Mills Irish Champion Stakes at Leopardstown on Saturday 3rd September and The Cox Plate at Moonee Valley Racing Club on Saturday 22nd October.
The New Zealand bred and seven time Group 1 winner ‘So You Think’, formerly trained by the great Australian trainer Bart Cummings, has won the last two runnings of the Cox Plate. The five year old is now in training in Ireland with Aidan O’Brien and looks set to run in this year’s Red Mills Irish Champion Stakes on Saturday 3rd September, before connections decide weather or not he will make the trip down under for the 2011 Cox Plate.
In the build up to the Red Mills Irish Champion Stakes at Leopardstown Racecourse, there is a ‘money can’t buy’ prize to be won. Moonee Valley Racing Club would like to send a lucky winner on the ride of a lifetime to the Cox Plate in Melbourne, Australia.
The prize will be given away on 2fm’s Ballbusters over the next four weeks, commencing this Saturday, 6th August. Ballbusters is broadcast each Saturday from 12pm on RTE 2fm.
Each Saturday a finalist will be selected. The four finalists and their guests will attend the Red Mills Irish Champion Stakes on Saturday 3rd September at Leopardstown Racecourse, where the overall winner of this magnificent prize will be announced in the parade ring during racing.
Finalists and guests prize details
· Overnight stay in the Radisson Blu St. Helens Hotel
· VIP trip to the Red Mills Irish Champion Stakes including
· Transfers to Leopardstown Racecourse
· Champagne reception on arrival
· Three course lunch in the Leopardstown Restaurant
Overall winner prize details
· Return economy airfares from Dublin to Melbourne for two people
· 6 Nights accommodation at the Crown Metropol Hotel including breakfast – arriving 17th October, returning 23rd October
· Transfers within Melbourne to and from the airport, official social and racing events.
· Breakfast with the Stars at Moonee Valley on Tuesday 18th October
· Experience a country race meeting at the Geelong Cup or have a free day on Wednesday 19th October
· Melbourne Sightseeing tour on Thursday 20th October
· Welcome Cocktail Party on Thursday 20th October
· Hospitality at the Cox Plate Lunch or Cox Plate Ladies Lunch on Friday 21st October
· Theatre tickets to see Andrew Lloyd-Webber’s sequel to Phantom of The Opera – “Love Never Dies” on Wednesday 19th October
· Premium Hospitality on Cox Plate Day at Moonee Valley