The Richest Greyhound Race, the Ladbrokes.com Irish Greyhound Derby, has reached the Quarter Final stages. 24 of Ireland’s best greyhounds will race on Saturday night in Shelbourne Park, in the hope of making it one step closer to the Final on 10th September.
Continuing her excellent performance in this year’s contest, Dolores Ruth has 5 of the remaining 24. Amongst the 5, 3 are topping the betting odds with sponsors Ladbrokes – Razdazl George (favourite), Razldazl Jayfkay and Makeshift. Last year’s winner Tyrur McGuigan is still very much in contention, listed as joint 3rd favourite ahead of the next round. Owner P.J. Fahy and trainer Conor Fahy also still have their Derby 2010 runner-up, Tyrur Big Mike.
The 4 Semi-Finals are listed below in trap order, all run on Saturday 27th August in Shelbourne Park.
1st Quarter Final 2nd Quarter Final
1. Ballymac Mitsy 1. Droopys Twirl
2. Razdazl Bugatti 2. Croom Star
3. Nikitas Scut 3. Kingo
4. Dream Walker 4. Piercestown Sand
5. Hey Gringo 5. Tyrur McGuigan (M)
6. Melodys Royal (W) 6. Ohio Rumble (M)
3rd Quarter Final 4th Quarter Final
1. Makeshift 1. Krug Ninety Five
2. Razdazl George 2. Rafas Wee Pet
3. Rockchase Bullet 3. Rockview Head
4. Airforce Roger 4. Tyrur Big Mike (M)
5. Pepsi Billy 5. Razdazl Jayfkay (M)
6. Coolykereen Imp 6. Shelbourne Geoff (W)