Boca look to take Tevez home

By
Updated: October 18, 2011

Boca Juniors hoping to take unsettled Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez back to Argentina.

The striker’s time in Manchester looks set to becoming to an end following his alleged refusal to come off the bench during the Champions league clash with Bayern Munich, an action that saw him hit with an initial two-week suspension imposed by the club.

However City have yet to make a definitive decision regarding any further action with his boss Roberto Mancini previously claiming that as far he was concerned the striker was ‘finished’ at City and it is expected that he will be moved on.

Boca now hoping to take advantage of the situation and bring the 27-year-old to the club on an initial six month loan, the club are on the lookout for a striker after losing Lucas Viatri to injury for six months and are currently seeking dispensation to bring in an emergency loan.

Club president Jose Beraldi has confirmed that they are planning to hold talks with City regarding Tevez.

“We will make an attempt for Carlos Tevez, who is not playing at Manchester City,” he said. “We know it will be difficult but we will try.”

It remains to be seen whether Boca could finance a deal, but Beraldi revealed last week that the club will do all they can to bring Tevez home.

He said: “The doors are always open to Carlitos. He’s a Boca idol and a key piece in many of our achievements.

“This is his home. He grew up at the club.”

Nominated for 2011 Realex Web Awards

www.victorchandler.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>