Camelot Guineas decision to be made in April

Updated: March 27, 2012

Trainer Aidan O’Brien has warned that any decision regarding the participation of Camelot in the 2000 Guineas will not be made until next month at the earliest.

The hugely impressive winner of the Racing Post Trophy last season, Camelot has been a warm favourite for the first classic of the season all winter, however O’Brien has warned that no decision will be made on Camelot’s target for another while yet.

Speaking at the Irish Racehorse Trainers Association 2011 Flat awards lunch, O’Brien said: “Camelot seems to have come out of his work at the Curragh on Sunday in good form.

“We still have to decide whether he will go to Newmarket for the 2,000 Guineas and that decision will be made over the next few weeks.”

Camelot had showed his well being on Sunday aftenoon when he impressed in an after race gallop at the Curragh where he travelled smoothly from the back of the pack to finish full of running after the seven furlong breeze.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>